Wound healing workshop
|Date: Saturday, 31 October|
|Times: 8:30-11:45 (morning session)|
|Cost: 50 EUR Members / 150 EUR Non-members|
Dr. Elena Conde Montero
After an introduction that will explain the main principles of diagnosis and treatment of leg ulcers, participants will be divided in groups that will rotate in different stations.
Wound assessment will be explained following a holistic framework, considering not only the wound, but also perilesional skin and patient comorbidities.
Different diagnostic tools to establish the vascular status of the patient will be discussed. Ankle-brachial index measurement will be performed by the participants themselves.
Practical tips to get to a systematic and efficient differential diagnosis pathway will be suggested. The variety of possible aetiologies of leg ulcers will be explained through rich iconography.
A theoretical and practical approach to compression therapy will be based not only on its benefits for venous ulcers but also on its usefulness in any leg ulcer, when no contraindications exist.
The range of wound dressings and other products, such as negative pressure devices commercially available, will be explained, focusing on their components and indications. Autologous skin grafting and cutaneous substitutes will be suggested as interesting options to promote epithelialisation.
At the end of the workshop the participants:
|Level of proficiency:
The workshop is designed both for residents and interested specialists.
|Station 1: Wound Assessment, vascular status measurement
– Holistic wound assessment
– Palpation of pulses, Ankle-brachial index, Toe pressure measurement
|Station 2: Differential diagnosis
– Quiz with clinical cases
– Clinical clues for differential diagnosis
|Station 3: Compression therapy, wound dressings, devices and skin grafting
– Chronic wound= inflammatory lesion
– Basic principles of compression therapy: band/ bandage, stretch/stiffness, padding
– Bandages/ stockings/ velcro devices
– Understanding the utility of different wound dressings
– Negative pressure devices
– Split-thickness skin grafting. Interest of punch grafting
Cathelijne den Hartog
To register for a workshop:
1) During registration process, while purchasing the ticket to attend the Congress, you are given the chance to add one or more workshops to your shopping cart and enroll in it: just select the workshops you would like to attend and add it to your order.
2) Already registered for Congress:
– Individual Registration: log into the Registration Platform, click on the panel Individual Registration, choose the option “Register or book tickets for yourself” and select the workshop(s) you wish to attend
– Third Party Registration/Groups: log into the Registration Platform, click on the panel Individual Registration, choose the option “Register or book tickets for someone else”, add the email address of the participant that wishes to attend the workshop(s) and select the one(s) your attendee wishes to attend
Enrollment is not guaranteed until the financial transaction has been completed.
KEEP IN TOUCH
Stay informed about latest EADV information. Congresses, Education, JEADV, Membership, Newsletter…